Pages

Friday, August 11, 2017

The Ridge

For a week we are writing about 'The Ridge'. This is about Danny Macaskill going to the summit of Sgùrr Dearg. Have a look at the video first and then have a read of my story that I have wrote. This story might me small, but I have done most as I could. I hope you like my story. Have a cool 😎 day!! Bye!!

Success Criteria
We need to focus on these things
  • Full stops, capital letters,
  • Paragraphs
  • We need to follow the sentence tools for our opening paragraphs.

I’m rowing a mini boat to the shore of Loch na Cuilice. But this ride was one of the deadly journeys that I have done. It was to ride to the peak of the Sgùrr Dearg (the name of the mountain). In front I saw a group of Seals swimming around. The mountains were surrounding me with a great view of Isle of Skye in Scotland.

When I reached to the shore I jumped out of the boat and went to get my mountain bike. I left my boat at the shore and rode my mountain bike to the top of Sgùrr Dearg. The rocks were big so I had to jump a lot of times. I came to the part where I had to cross a thin part of wood. Then another part where there was danger was when I had to jump one side to another. The water was cold as some part as Antarctica. The rocks were high and big. There were some parts where I couldn’t ride my bike so I had to climb up without using my hands. I had to go up and down mountain to mountain. There was narrow routes that I had to pass. I had just passed Sgùrr Alasdair. It takes like about 5km to reach to Sgùrr Dearg. I was climbing up the mountain to Sgùrr Dearg. I had one hand holding my bike, and one other climbing. When I reached on top of Sgùrr Dearg, I was 986m high from the ground. I was on top of some of the clouds.

I rode back to the shore. The route was narrower than going up (less than 2m). The sun was nearly going to set. There was a fence coming by. I hit the fence and did a flip. I went straight to the beach. I sat down and looked at the water going back and forward. I had a great time at Sgùrr Dearg, Isle of Skye, UK.